Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 24.04 LTS - Not to shabby!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: 24.04 LTS - Not to shabby!

As a test, I just installed KDE Neon along side of my Kubuntu install on my larger external SSD.
    It was almost the same, but they "forgot" the snaps.
    This may be my go to for the future, still have to experiment.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: 24.04 LTS - Not to shabby!

to one and all.
    i have been using Ubuntu since warty warthog and still have the original install CD (yes CD). i have moved along with Ubuntu at every twist and turn.
    Ubuntu has been my main day to day OS for decades and i am using 24.04 on my AiO desktop with 22.04 on my old'ish 13" laptop, so i am familiar with Ubuntu.
    i have tried others but always seem to come back home to Ubuntu.

at first i wasn't really keen on 'snaps' as they didn't seem to work, well not work as expected, but i am coming around to them.
    so it looks like i have a new learning curve. understanding snaps and how they work but more importantly can i bend them to do as i want.

it looks like its going to be an interesting journey and would make Ubuntu very unique. i better snap too it ..
    Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws. (Douglas Adams)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123