Thread: Gimp shows only english

Beans

Gimp shows only english

Hi, i use Gimp, since a while i have only english as language. After searching the web i reinstalled Gimp as i should get the dialog for a new install again. This does not happen. I run Kubuntu, tried it with Diskover, unstalled and installed, no dialoge. I tried it with Synaptic, no dialoge. I tried it throught apt, no dialoge. What could i do possibly do wrong? It would be awfully nice to see Gimp again in german. Regards, Jan

Beans

Re: Gimp shows only english

In GiMP: Edit->Preferences->Interface, Field "Language". You should have two choices there, "English (en_us)" and "Systemsprache". The latter switches to the language your system is set to. GiMP needs to be restarted for the change to become active.

Holger

Beans

Re: Gimp shows only english

Hi, I am in a fresh installation in German of xubuntu minimal working very well and use a lot of KDE applications all in German, espec. graphic app's, and don't need gimp. But I did install now gimp as suppl. graphic app for you to see what happens: all is in German including the greeting picture a starting point! How did you reinstall? After a remove or after a purge or using install force (my installation of gimp did happen on a system having no gimp before!)?