Thread: Installer for 24.04 does not take foreign keyboard choise into account during install

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Installer for 24.04 does not take foreign keyboard choise into account during install

Ubuntu 24.04 AMD64 Desktop install ISO, dated 2024-04-07 09:19.
    During install, when you choose a foreign keyboard, it will not be taken this into account when setting up the first admin account (for hostname, name and password entering).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Installer for 24.04 does not take foreign keyboard choise into account during ins

This belongs in Ubuntu Development Version.....as it is still in Development ATM
    22.04 is the current stable LTS
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Installer for 24.04 does not take foreign keyboard choise into account during ins

Moved to Ubuntu Development Version.

I did not see this problem last night, about 10 hours ago when installing the new ISO of Xubuntu.
    Which version of Noble did you use?
    Last edited by ajgreeny; April 8th, 2024 at 07:36 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have experienced this issue under flavours, Ubuntu Unity and Ubuntu Mate.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

Hello,

does this sound relevant?
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2486629

it is not possible to use a non latin keyboard unless you write your username, which is acceptable if non latin characters are entered. The rest, e.g. password, should be provided with a latin keyboard in order to get recognized. The thing is that if you choose your local non latin keyboard, you do not have at the same time an english one available to switch to when is needed.

Regards!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release